10 July, 2014

Sakhi became a Mommie

Four years ago, we were blessed with the sweetest, loveliest, daintiest and cutest little girl, we had ever seen. It was love at first sight for the DH. While I had been in love, for at least 8months already, till then. We both wept, as our Ob, still had her hand inside me, without one bother in the world, just doing her job. The Paed was hovering over, like a hawk, wanting to make sure we won't drop the little bundle, I guess. And DH was just weeping. I had honestly never seen him cry in the 5yrs, we had been together, ever. But all I could think, was, 'How on earth did I get so lucky? How did God ever think that I could be blessed with her? How did I come to deserve such a miracle?'
Then when the Ob had left, and the nurse wad still cleaning-up, they finally let my Mum & elder-sis come in. The nurse literally went bonkers, staring at my sis, and then me. I, of course have been used to this for years. So, just told the nurse, 'you still have your hand inside me. So, I am the new mom, obviously. And she's my sister.' Everyone laughed. The medical staff approved that I still had my sense of humour left, after more than 12hrs of labour.
After that I passed out. Content. Happy, like I had never been. And in love, like I never knew, I could be!
S m i l e

No comments: