10 July, 2014

Getting used to the new life

I woke up with the cries of pur little DD. Instinctively, I said, 'its all right, Angel. Mamma's right here. Come to me.' Just the way I had been speaking to her, for 9months, before then. And amazingly, she stopped wailing, immediately.
My Mum passed the little bundle to me. I don't know how I knew she was hungry. I don't know how she learnt how to suckle. And I don't have any idea, how I learnt to feed. But we managed very well, right from the first time, that day. After that I just held her, staring at her beautiful eyes. DH came back, after washing at home. And he has remained sappy right from that day. Like, he'll cry any moment. Like, she can ask him to make it rain, and he will make it happen. Like, if she were the most precious thing, he had ever come across.
Since I had got admitted at 8pm, and DD was born the next morning, they had to discharge me the very next day. Apparently, it was a two nights only, maternity package. So, 24hrs after delivery, I waddled back out. DD remained unmoved through the relocation, as long as I was cradling her. DH held his breath, throughout the 10min drive home, while he was on the wheel. My Mum had moved into our house that day, and promised to help me out, for a month.
We reached home, showed DD around the house, and then we both passed-out, once again. Without a care in this world. Just happy that we got each other..
S m i l e

2 comments:

~Krishna~ said...

Hey there Sakhi,
Wandered over to your blog after decades :) and see a fresh post here.
Dont know if you remember 'Chris Sordid' and the first few delhi bloggers' meets.

Anyhow Congratulations on the new arrival and keep writing in.

Take care
Sandeep Krishna

Sakhi said...

Thank you so much, Krishna! I had been on a blogging hiatus, myself! Great to hear from you, once again! :)